Heart and blood vessel disease is caused by a build up of plaque in the blood vessel walls and is referred to as atherosclerosis (or clogged arteries). This plaque can narrow blood vessels and inhibit oxygen delivery to tissues. If this buildup becomes inflamed, then plaque contents can leak into the bloodstream and create clots. These clots can then plug up small or larger arteries such as the coronary arteries of the heart or carotid arteries that lead to the brain. The end result is cell death as no oxygen can get to the cells downstream from that clot.
6 Month Cardiovascular Customized Services Summary
- Comprehensive health history and physical examintion
- Detailed cardiovascular risk marker labs including vascular specific inflammatory markers*
- DNA assessment and analysis on known cardiovascular genetic markers
- Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) measurements**
- Femoral Intima Media Thickness (FIMT) measurements**
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) measurements**
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score (CACS)** Note: paid at hospital
- Personalized diet plan
- Personalized exercise plan
- IV therapy if indicated
- Prescriptive medication as indicated
- Herbal and other supplements as needed***
- Repeat labs and analysis as indicated throughout the treatment period.
Finally, we will review each patient's progress in stabilizing and potentially reversing atherosclerotic disease. Modifications will be made in treatment as
indicated and a long-term plan developed for each patient according to their findings and response to
treatment. Patients may wish to continue in this program through our Sustaining Member Program.
*these labs are often covered by your insurance
**these procedures are performed in our office and are included in the package plan
***discounts are provided with these supplements for those who areunder the package plan
Potential Risks without Treatment
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Left sided jaw or arm pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- One-sided limb numbness or paralysis
- Memory loss
- Acute anxiety attack
- Sense of impending doom…just to name a few
Atherosclerosis can lead to coronary artery disease which is a precursor to a heart attack, heart arrhythmia (irregular heart beat), heart failure or death. If atherosclerosis involves the carotid arteries (in your neck) or if clots develop in the heart due to an arrhythmia, patients may end up with an acute stroke which could lead to a permanent paralysis. Cardiovascular disease and stroke are the leading causes of death for both men and women in America.
It is critical to diagnose atherosclerosis early before these events occur as it is often too late to save the cells of the heart or the brain if these clots develop and are not cleared in time. Finding the presence of plaque and treating it early could be the difference between a full recovery and permanent disability or even death. Through the Bale Doneen Method offered here at Customized Relief, we have specialized laboratory and genetics testing to detect this disease in its early stages which helps us to potentially prevent these cardiovascular events from occurring. Even in patients who have had heart attacks or strokes, through our extensive testing we can evaluate each patient and come up with a personalized plan to address their specific risks and make changes that could prevent recurrence.